Things You’ll Need:
- Measuring cup
- 3 qt. unflavored soy milk
- Measuring spoons
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. barley malt
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Fine mesh strainer
- Jars or other storage containers
Vanilla Soy Milk
1. Pour 1 qt. plain soy milk into a bowl.
2. Add 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, 1 tbsp. sugar and 1 tbsp. barley malt. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Whisk the mixture until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Taste, and adjust salt and sugar levels if desired.
Chocolate Soy Milk
1. Measure 1 qt. unflavored soy milk. Pour it into a bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tbsp. barley malt and 1 tbsp. sugar. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Beat with a whisk until the dry ingredients are dissolved. Taste, and add more cocoa or sugar if desired.
Strawberry Soy Milk
1. Measure 1 qt. unflavored soy milk. Pour it into the jar of a blender.
2. Add 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries. If using frozen berries, thaw them first. Add 2 tbsp. sugar and a pinch of salt to the blender.
3. Blend on high until the berries are liquefied and the mixture is a uniform pink color. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a jar or other storage container to remove strawberry seeds and pulp.
Orange Soy Smoothie (If you like Orange Julius you will love this)
Mix the following into a blender:
1. 1 can mandarin oranges
2. 1/2 can of orange juice concentrate
3. 2-3 cups of Vanilla Soymilk
4. Ice as desired