(with permission from The Enlightened Kitchen, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ©Marie Oser 2002)
Serve these quick and easy treats right from the freezer!
- 35 candies
- 2 cups Tosteds soynuts
- 1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit (perhaps blueberries, strawberries, and cherries)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 3/4 cup hot brown rice syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
Combine Tosteds and fruit in a large bowl, and set aside. Combine cocoa and arrowroot in a small bowl and set aside. Place rice syrup in a glass liquid measuring cup and microwave for 25 seconds, or heat in a small saucepan over low heat for a minute. Using a wire whisk, blend the cocoa powder with the rice syrup and mix until a chocolate syrup is formed. Add vanilla and flavoring extracts and pour over fruit and Tosteds. Combine thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Place rounded tablespoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Serve immediately. Replace remaining candies in freezer as these candies will become soft when left at room temperature.